Free Pass to National Parks for Military Members & Dependents


The National Park Service is extending a free pass to military members and their dependents, granting free access to over 2,000 national parks, wildlife refuges, national forests, and other public lands around the nation.
You can receive your pass by presenting your military ID at most Federal lands that charge an entrance fee.


Click here for more information!


Sites that issue the Annual Pass will generally also issue the free military version as well.
Please contact the Federal Land you will be visiting in advance to ensure that they have the pass available.



Overview of the Annual Pass for Active Duty Military and Their Dependents:
    • Free
    • Available to active duty military personnel and dependents with proper identification (CAC Card or DD Form 1173)
    • Obtained in person at Federal recreation sites that charge entrance or standard amenity fees.
    • Covers entrance to Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service sites that charge Entrance Fees, and Standard Amenity Fees at Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation sites.
    • Admits the pass owners and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas, or the pass owner and up to additional 3 adults at sites that charge per person.
    • Non-transferable